This Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) looks at the current provision of pharmaceutical services across Central Bedfordshire Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) and whether this meets the needs of the population and identifies any potential gaps to service delivery.
The PNA will be used by NHS England in its determination as to whether to approve applications to join the pharmaceutical list under The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013. The PNA is required to be published by each HWB by virtue of section 128A of the NHS Act 2006 revised in 2009.
This PNA includes information on:
- Pharmacies in Central Bedfordshire and the services they currently provide, including dispensing, providing advice on health, medicines reviews and local public health services, such as stop smoking, sexual health and support for drug users.
- Other pharmaceutical service providers such as dispensing GP surgeries.
- Maps relating to Central Bedfordshire and providers of pharmaceutical services in the area.
- Services in neighbouring Health and Wellbeing Board areas that might affect the need for services in Central Bedfordshire.
- Potential gaps in provision that could be met by providing more pharmacy services, or through opening more pharmacies, and likely future needs.
Last updated Tuesday, 20th March 2018