- Currently there are too many services working in silo and no unified approach to maternal (perinatal) mental health
- Staff working at grass roots are not confident in talking to women and families around mental health and feel their knowledge is sub standard
- Family approach, attachment and infant mental health is limited in services
- Services unsure who to refer to and for what level of illness
- Level of specialism is needed to support this specialised area
Source: Anecdotal and from BCCG Perinatal Mental Health Workshop held in August 2015.
Last updated Tuesday, 17th January 2017