Areas for focus
- Create a unified multi agency care pathway for perinatal mental health.
- Commissioning a specialist perinatal team, with a single point of referral and or a range of services.
- Improve collecting local data to help monitor the patterns of service use and quality
- To follow and sustain a shared care model with the Hospital Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, GP’s and Health Visitors to provide a collective approach of support women and their families.
- Work with community teams to ensure women are identified early and managed to give women the support they need at the earliest opportunity – antenatal and postnatal.
The following are accountable to the successful delivery of the above areas for focus:
Public Health, Luton & Dunstable University Hospital – Maternity, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust - Maternity, SEPT, ELFT and Bedfordshire CCG.
Last updated Thursday, 11th May 2017